The Durst Organization is seeking part time Security Guards. The Security Guards will work with Security Team Leaders to maintain a safe and secure environment for its employees, tenants, and visitors. Security Guards will be required to execute a number of comprehensive and integrated security measures and countermeasures and must be able to adapt physically and to the changing needs and priorities of the Security Organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Security Officers will be required to execute a number of comprehensive and integrated security measures and countermeasures and must be able to adapt physically to the changing needs and priorities of the Security Organization.
• Security posts will vary and may include exposure to varying weather conditions.
•Strong verbal communication skills.
• Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
• Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
• Must possess agility, and visual and auditory acuity to perform the essential responsibilities
of this position.
• Demonstrated ability to listen and communicate calmly, effectively, and courteously in both
emergency and non- emergency situations.
• Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
• Successful candidates will have earned their high school diplomas or equivalent and must
possess an in force New York State Security Guard License (8 & 16 hours). College level coursework
and NYC Fire Safety Certification are a plus.
• Experience in hospitality or concierge work is also a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing duties of this job, employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; crouch; bend; talk; and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 10lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.