The Handyperson will create a positive resident experience by providing outstanding technical and mechanical expertise for optimal building operation and performance. Candidate will be tasked with servicing resident work order requests, preventative and corrective maintenance needs, maintenance of building mechanical systems, monitoring the BMS (Building Management System), and apartment vacancy turns. Responsibilities will also include maintenance support in the apartment community and being accountable for helping the company deliver on our resident commitments of exceptional move-in, residential satisfaction, express service, and personal attention.
* Reviews work order ticket assignments and maintenance related workflow.
* Maintains a safe and secure environment throughout the building(s).
* Responsible for oversight and execution of all preventative maintenance schedules related to all BMS and building mechanical systems.
* Assesses repair needs and estimated time needed for repair (including evaluating problems to determine whether or not professional assistance or further instruction is needed in order to complete task/repair).
* Monitors the functions of service contractors and building repair and maintenance contractors.
* Inventories and acquisitions maintenance supplies.
* Maintains disaster preparedness by identifying potential problems, developing response plans, managing crises.
* On call availability for emergencies and projects as assigned by the General Manager/Property Manager.
* Requests materials, tools, and supplies needed for a job.
* Develops and maintains resource management plan which outlines short-term and long-term requirements for repair & maintenance, capital replacement, and capital requirements.
* Maintains all fire protection and security systems, to include required maintenance, inspections, and documentation.
* Inspects all emergency equipment to ensure compliance.
* Records and evaluates preventive maintenance activities and programs.
* Oversees the construction, installation, and preventative maintenance of equipment.
* Observes/evaluates corrective maintenance or repair on equipment.
* Ensures highly efficient safety program, with emphasis on awareness, discipline, and compliance. Overall safety program to conform to OSHA standards, applicable building safety manual, and other safety venues as deemed appropriate.
* Supervises all administration relative to facility maintenance, to include preparation of budgets, work schedules, goals and objectives, and purchase/requisition documents. Provides related management information products as requested.
* High school diploma or equivalency preferred. Technical background from university or vocational source.
* Certification with FDNY as Fire Safety Director (FSD) (preferred).
* Minimum 3 - 5years experience in management of maintenance department or facility
* Knowledge of electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and carpentry trades. Must be able to operate tools and equipment related to facility maintenance.
* Knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Highly effective interpersonal skills and experience.
* Strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.