Areas of Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High School diploma, GED or Baccalaureate degree in Finance/Accounting
- 5+ years’ experience in property management in New York City, comparable urban market experience or related field
- Experience working with rent stabilized and market rate apartments
- Comprehensive knowledge of competitive bid process including: creation of RFP’s, bid leveling, award and turnover
- Working knowledge of basic mechanical and control systems including electrical and plumbing systems
- Experienced in resident/tenant relations, entertaining clients and able to interact effectively with diverse personas
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and manage team
- Ability to think critically through the intricacies of complex situations, identify potential issues and apply strong problem-solving techniques, where appropriate.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in team settings to craft best in class management policies and procedures while leveraging technology based solutions.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Maintains a professional demeanor
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, such as Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Project
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing duties of this job, employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; crouch; bend; talk; and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 20lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.