Areas of Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum 2+ years as operating engineer in high-rise commercial building
- Fire Safety Director Certification
- Sprinkler/Standpipe Certification
- Air Compressor Certification
- BMS and control experience
- EPA Universal Certification ; Experience with Steam and Electrical Systems and Sprinkler Standpipe Systems
- Knowledge of other Fire Safety systems
- Minimum of one year’s basic electrical experience – that encompassed minor troubleshooting and wiring
- Minimum of one year’s plumbing experience – bathroom repair, soldering, pipe threading
- Physical ability to climb ladders, and lift up to 75 lbs. on a regular basis, enter and operate in confined spaces, operate power tools.
- Ability to work with exposure to elements such as odor, noise, dust, heat, cold, or chemicals.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid New York City Fire Department Refrigeration Machine Operator License with a minimum of one year’s continuous experience