- Minimum 3+ years as operating engineer in high-rise building or campus site.
- Fire Safety Director Certification
- Sprinkler/Standpipe Certification
- Air Compressor Certification
- BMS and control experience
- EPA Universal Certification.
- Experience with HW boilers, Multistack chillers, Electrical, Plumbing and Sprinkler Standpipe Systems
- Knowledge of other Fire Safety systems
- Minimum of 3 years year’s basic electrical experience – that encompassed minor troubleshooting and wiring
- Minimum of 3 years year’s plumbing experience – bathroom repair, soldering, pipe threading, pro press
- Physical ability to climb ladders, and lift up to 75 lbs. on a regular basis, enter and operate in confined spaces, operate power tools,
- Ability to work with exposure to elements such as odor, noise, dust, heat, cold, or chemicals with proper PPE
- Positive attitude and communication skills is a priority
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid New York City Fire Department Refrigeration Machine Operator License with a minimum of one year’s continuous experience
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of this job, employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; crouch; bend; talk; and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 75lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to work with exposure to elements such as odor, noise, dust, heat, cold, or chemicals.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.